Ages 5 – 18
Life Skills Experience Program Information
From age 5 through 18, youth progress through different levels by demonstrating First Tee Nine Core Values, life and golf skills as well as passing an assessment. Programs are offered at facilities across our region. Our Life Skills Experience programs are made up of character building and life skill development activities, learning golf rules and etiquette, learning how to warm-up properly and be healthy, and doing it all while learning to play golf. All participants, regardless of age, start at the PLAYer level. All students advancing from one level to another must meet certification requirements:
- Tiny Tigers – This is an introduction non-certifying level for participants ages 5 – 7 years old only.
- PLAYer/Advanced PLAYer (required minimum age 8, new and returning PLAYer participants) – Teeing it up for the first time! Our PLAYer/Adv. PLAYer program is for the kiddos that are brand new to the game, but also for the participants that have been in our program before and haven’t certified yet. This program will dive deep into our beginning stages of our Nine Core Values, plus basic golf skill and knowledge.
- Par (required minimum age 8+) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course. Must have 36 hours to certify to Birdie level.
- Birdie (required minimum age 11+) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality. Must have 48 hours to certify to Eagle level.
- Eagle (required minimum age 13+) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning. Must have 56 hours to certify to Ace level.
- Ace (required minimum age 14+ or entering 9th grade) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.
Maximum class size is 18 participants for each session in most cases. Enrollment is always on a first-come, first-serve basis and is subject to availability so please register early. There is a waitlist if a class is full. Participants are considered to meet the age requirements outlined in the course description if they turn the minimum age sometime during the current season.
Fees for life skills programs are $95 for Player, Par, Birdie, Eagle, ACE, and Tiny Tigers during regular registration.. After that time late registration will be $125 per participant. Financial assistance is available, and no child is turned away for financial reasons. Participants may only sign up for one Life Skills Experience class per session.
No participant will be turned away for financial reasons – You will be asked about your financial aid status during the online registration process. Once you submit your request and are approved, you will receive an approval email and will have 48 hours to complete your registration.
Thank You To Our Military Families
Thanks to the generosity of our donors and corporate partners, family members of active duty military, reservists and veterans are eligible for a 20% discount. Please provide a copy of your active military credentials to our Learning Center on the first day of programming. Thank you so much for your service.
Thank You To Our First Responders
Thanks to the generosity of our donors and corporate partners, family members of first responders are eligible for a 20% discount. Please provide a copy of your active first responder credentials to our Learning Center on the first day of programming. Thank you so much for your service. *Must choose ‘Pay In Person’ option at check out to receive discount.
For further information, please contact MJ Resendis at [email protected] or call (210) 736-8702.